Friday, December 7, 2018

July 2018

July has been a HOT month but we've had a lot of fun. Thankfully Monsoon rains are starting to come and I couldn't be happier! 


Behind our house is a large community center that has a parking lot and grass lawn that we go to almost every day. 


Its perfect for riding bikes or kicking the soccer ball. Its been such a unexpected blessing from the Lord. 


We had a great July 4th. Our friends were hosting college students for the summer so we threw a big July 4th party with them on the 3rd and then had a couple of other families that we are close to over on the 4th for a barbecue. 


I made these cupcakes and was really proud of how cute they turned out. I printed the July 4th signs off the internet and glued them to toothpicks. The M&Ms were special ones I had brought back from Dubai in June and saved for these cupcakes. 


We made a ton of food and I had lots of decor because my mother in law brought it over in June.


A new play place opened up about 10 minutes from our house and it is really unique! It has a sand pit, a climbing wall, a giant ball pit and an interactive video screen. Its a great new play option with different activities then others. Indoor play places are a life saver in these 110 degree summers. 


We spend a lot of time in the pool in our backyard because its so refreshing from the heat. I even get in with the kids on super hot days. 


We also found a great swimming pool in town that has a nice small pool at a good price. Its been a great summer outing option since its just too hot to play in the parks. 


We started a new tradition called Milkshake Mondays. Mondays can sometimes be dreary since they start the school week but after school on Mondays now when I pick up the kids we go out for milkshakes before heading home and its been a fun thing to look forward to. 


I took the picture of Madelyn and her sweet friends coloring in Sunday School. They are so cute! 


6 families from our church live in our neighborhood so we love to meet them at a park near their house. We usually meet for an hour between the sun going down and the mosquitos coming out. 


We have loved the rain this year. With the community center behind our house its been fun to play in the rain and puddles. 


One day I ordered 2 small lamps for our bedroom and they came in a box, in a box, in a box. Ezra played with them for days, making lots of awesome creations like this rocket ship. 


We found the perfect spot for our Milkshake Mondays. There's a small restaurant in the same sector as the kid's school called Oven Fresh. It has AC, clean bathrooms and comfortable seating.. definitely a win! 


Sadie, our dog, has gotten so big and really beautiful. She's still a puppy and does lots of naughty puppy things, but she's pretty to look at... haha. 


We discovered a little laser tag in the bowling alley of the mall and Ezra loves it. Luke, Ezra and I play and Madelyn just runs around with us and enjoys all the chaos. 


On Thursdays we have small group with the different families that live in our neighborhood. Afterward we usually have chai and sometimes a meal. The kids struggle to stay quiet during the 1 hour worship and talk time but they love playing with their friends afterward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment