Tuesday, November 15, 2016

My 28th Birthday

I turned 28 this year. Somehow in my mind, that is a monumental birthday. I feel like 27 is still a young adult and 28 feels like a real adult. haha! Of course, I know I'm still "young" but I think I finally really consider myself an adult. I'm not sure why marriage, 2 children and moving across the world didn't solidify that for me early.. haha. But, woo hoo.. real adulthood here I come! 

We had a big crowd of friends over for a casual birthday party. I love having company over and I really love gathering all our friends together in one big place to celebrate. 

Our party go-to is cooking out. We love to have hotdogs, hamburgers, potato salad and let friends bring over sides too to supplement. 

My dear friend Katie made me an awesome funfetti birthday cake from scratch! (along with lots of cupcakes to feed everyone) It was so much work for her, I'm sure! But she was so sweet to do something so special. 

Ezra helped me blow out the candles. He is very in to birthdays now a days. And is eagerly anticipating his own in December. haha.. 

The older I get the better life gets. The more mature I grow in Christ, the more he uses me for his glory, the sweeter my marriage grows and the more I deeply enjoy mothering these two kiddos. Life is filled with joys and trials, but it has been more than I dreamed of and I'm all the more eager to use my days well as the years pass on.  




No comments:

Post a Comment