Thursday, October 8, 2015

15th August, 2015

15th August is India's Independence Day. It is a day celebrated with family, food, music and lots of kite flying. We joined in with some friends and had such a fun day!! 



I dressed both kids up in orange and green in honor of India. 

It is crazy how many people live in our city and how congested they live. But on events like these, it makes life really fun! 


The view of the street outside their house. It seemed picture worthy. 


Making pakoda and chai with the ladies. 


Ezra loved watching the kites and even got the fly it a little. 


I tried flying it too. The goal is to get your kite super high in the sky and cut any near by kite's string.. making you the highest and longest reigning kite. 


Ezra and I made a paper Indian flag, which he loved and is now proudly displayed on the fridge. 

The beauty of this expat life is being able to celebrate holidays from both countries. Double the holidays, double the fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment