Thursday, October 8, 2015

Fall 2015


Fall is upon us! And although it is still 90 degrees outside, I have very excitedly decked our whole house in a ridiculous amount of fall decor. It is so festive and wonderful. :) 



These last months have been a blur of work and play. We're learning a lot, teaching a lot and playing a lot. Its a really good combination! 
Since we are more busy, we try to make our together times more special.. such as making smores on the gas stove. I intended it to be family fun and introduce the awesome treat to Ezra, but the fire really scared him so he ditched us for his toys. Madelyn was already asleep so it became a delightful surprise date night in the kitchen to talk about life and eat way too many smores. 









Madelyn is growing so big and strong. She is now 5 months old and still joyful as always. 
Her and Ezra are starting to play together. He's excited about it now but I think when she starts stealing his toys he won't be so happy unfortunately. The price of siblings.. it'll be worth it in the end. 


My birthday was last month and man was I spoiled! It was a lazy day full of a professional massage, an afternoon nap (coveted by all moms of little ones) and ending with a big dinner with friends. And my mom and Luke's mom sent tons of special treats in the mail! Ezra was just as excited about them and didn't want to wait for Luke to get home to open them.. haha. 



Ezra has been growing up so fast these past months. For his "terrible twos" he is doing pretty good. He's more emotional but he doesn't throw tantrums. He actually says the words, "I cry..." haha. It was cute the first few times. 


He is more adventurous, playful and helpful than ever. He LOVES to help in the kitchen. He comes from a line of professional chefs so maybe we're grooming him to take over the family business. haha. 


He goes to play school now and has been learning so much! 
This is Ezra and his class.. so cute! 


We've also started a Monday night tradition of baking together. We add in a craft if there's time because Ezra is a fan of crafts too. He has a lot of hobbies. This particular Monday we tried out no-bake-cookies and an Ezra sized scarecrow. Ezra loved making both. Madelyn is a really good napper and she likes to sit in her swing and watch us cook so I'm so thankful to still easily have one on one time with Ezra. 


He loves to paint. So we usually print off alphabet or number coloring sheets to review what he's learning in school. He has fun and I feel like I'm doing my part in his education. It's a win-win. 



We are coming up on 2 years in India! It has been such a crazy, wonderful, growing time. Every day there are little surprises that you only get here.. such as cute photogenic cows right outside your door.   


We've made huge strides in Hindi and can really have in-depth conversations with friends and neighbors. There are still mistakes and there's progress to be made but being able to communicate has been such a blessing!   

Recently I've been reading Harry Potter 1 in Hindi. It's been great for learning and interesting to read but I'm so slow.. haha! Right now I'm at a 3rd grade reading level, but I figure at the end of this I should be a great reader. 


I've also been learning to make Indian food. My friend's mom is a really really great cook so my friend is teaching to make food like her mom. And we do it all in Hindi so its double learning. 
Ezra LOVES Indian food so he's very happy. 


And those are the recent happenings around our house. Fall is my favorite time of year because we get to pause to see our many blessings, praise the Lord for them. 
He's certainly blessed us beyond measure! 
Praise the Lord! 


No comments:

Post a Comment