Sunday, July 19, 2015

Thailand 2015

We survived our first international vacation as a family of four and it was actually GREAT! I'm amazed at how precious and easy going Miss Madelyn is. And Ezra is getting more and more fun. 


We recently got the movie Planes from the market and Ezra really likes it. I usually watch it with him on the Hindi setting which is great practice for me and he can't tell the difference. Anyway.. He is very excited about planes and was over the moon about seeing the planes and riding one. I guess he doesn't remember he's been on over a dozen flights already.. haha. 

 Ezra wanted to make sure we didn't forget his Buzz and Woody dolls so he was stuffing them in the luggage. It was cute! 

While in Thailand we had some work meetings and visa applying to do but we also had lots of family fun! 

We went to the aquarium for the first time with kids. Everything is so much sweeter with little ones. Harder of course, but so fun and worth it.


Ezra loved the fish. I did too. I forgot how beautiful and relaxing aquariums are. Luke loves aquariums too so this resparked his desire for one in our home. 




Another day we went to the mall and there was a sports store. Luke and I have always really enjoyed walking around sport stores. We don't have any in Delhi so this was a treat to us and Ezra was estatic in the golf section.. haha. 


We also went bowling which is Ezra's current favorite sport. 
He is very adamant about doing it all by himself and actually does pretty well (with bumpers). Needless to say, he has gotten a lot stronger this summer from chunking 6 lb. balls every week.  


I grew up on a lake and Luke's family vacationed at the ocean often so we love to be near the water. The beach is definitely our favorite vacation spot. Between the sound of the water, the fun of swimming and the beauty of sunsets, its a great place to escape the city and rejuvenate.


We also made it to the golf course.. of course. It was so much fun! Ezra was such a big boy, hitting the ball with Daddy. We played with a sweet older Asian couple and they were very patient with Ezra. They had grandkids so they understood and I think they quite enjoyed our little ones.  


The kids almost made it through the whole course. About hole 16 they both fell asleep. I didn't play any holes but I cheered good shots, kept kids happy and made a great napping pillow apparently. Moms.. its what we do. :) 


We spent most of our time swimming and lounging by the pool. They had a large pool that was Ezra's height so he had a blast playing in the water. During our meetings there were other families with kids that we were able to meet and visit with everyday. It was great! 


We really liked Thailand. It is beautiful and the people are friendly. But after a couple of weeks we were ready to come home. 


So now we're back to the normal schedule of work, school and loving on kiddos. 


This is such a precious season with this precious little gal. I just can't express how much joy she brings my heart. We're definitely BFFs already. 


It's now the start of monsoon season in Delhi so we have been able to break out the rain jackets and umbrella. We love rain so its been nice to hear it splashing outside and we've enjoyed the cooler weather it brings too!


I'll leave you with this picture of Ezra.. eating his chocolate donut. It doesn't have anything to do with our Thailand trip but its still a sweet memory I want to keep. he's getting so big. He's thoughtful, funny, pretty obedient for a toddler and a very good big brother. 





No comments:

Post a Comment