Thursday, October 28, 2021

August 2021

August was such a great month of family fun and progress in the work! What a blessing! 

As the kids get older I know these days of dress up and play will happen less and less often so I'm trying to capture these moments as they happen. 

I am so very thankful to live in such a fun family friendly city! I had a free Saturday with the kids while Luke was traveling. We started the day at the waterpark, went to the mall play place in the afternoon, grabbed milkshakes at our favorite bakery and then ended the day at their fun golf class. 

We try to have one on one dates with the kids each week. One day after zoom classes Luke and Madelyn went to one shop for a date and Ezra and I went next door to another. We snacked, played Monopoly Deal and even road the big slide downstairs. 

One Saturday evening we packed up some subways and had dinner by the lake in town. 

Then afterward we went to a drive-in theater we found just outside of town. It was such a fun experience! 

Luke drove past an authentic looking Chinese restaurant one day. We went that Sunday for lunch and were blown away. Often times "Chinese food" doesn't have the right flavor but this was such good food at a great price with a great atmosphere. It has become our new Sunday tradition after church. 

I had brought tie-dye kits back from the States for a fun summer activity. We found some white towels and white shirts and the kids made some beautiful projects. 


We love to celebrate any holiday possible. For India's Independence Day we always make cookies in the shape of flags and hearts. 


The kids helped me decorate the house with posters and balloons. 

Their sweet friend came over for dinner. 

We had a crowd to celebrate with an Indian feast. 

Our Saturday morning tradition of waterpark fun was followed by Nik Bakers and the kid's favorite play place. 

My dear partner and I have enjoyed going out for lunch regularly to talk about life, work and next steps. It has been a joy. 

After going out to dinner with a partner who's daughter had henna art on her hand, Madelyn really wanted to have some done on hers. We got a henna pen from the market and I made a couple of designs on her hands. She was so happy! 

After our mountain trip Madelyn has loved to take Sadie for walks. 

The kids planned a breakfast tea party and invited me to join. 

I love that we all share the hobby of golf. It will be such a gift as they get older too. 

The kids and I combined their wooden train track and legos to make a mega train system. They were so proud. 

One afternoon the kids and I went out to a partners house in Punjab. It was the most fun day! 
Most farm houses have a large water pump that kids swim in during hot summer days. I didn't bring the kids swim suits but the jumped right into the fun. Honestly, without asking.. but I'm so glad that they got to take part in such a culturally normal experience. What a joy! 

One of the young girls does great henna and Madelyn was so excited that she was willing to do some art on her hand. 

The design was great!

The bowling alley closed down during COVID but they were able to open in a different location. We are thankful to have a bowling alley and arcade in town again. 


Madelyn's ma'am started doing her zoom classes from school. Madelyn wanted to go visit her teacher so badly so one day immediately after class we jumped in the car and went to their school which is 7 minutes down the street. She was able to see her ma'am in person for the first time. It was also their first time back on campus in over a year. 

Ezra was very excited to see the new sports court at school. 

Ezra had a golf tournament. It was the first since COVID in India and we were so excited to get be out with the other kids and play again. 

Madelyn was such a great trooper. She followed along, cheered, snacked and enjoyed herself. 


Luke grew up playing in golf tournaments so it is fun to have Ezra play in them now too. 


Madelyn is making a lot of progress herself. She has golf class 3 times a week with Ezra and other kids. She will be ready for tournaments soon. 

I love taking pictures of the kids in the same place and being able to see how they are growing over the years. It really is going by so slowly and yet so quickly at the same time.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment