Sunday, August 18, 2013

And the transition begins!

Our things have been sold, our bags are packed and we are starting the goodbyes.. The week has come that we leave Fort Worth and begin our family visits before heading to training. I thought that as I saw the items we registered for and lived with being sold off I would be sad or regretful but with a happy heart of praise I am glad to say that that isn't the case. God has been so so faithful to sustain me and protect me from the fear of the unknown and uncomfortable. One of my greatest weaknesses is the that I derive much of my comfort and satisfaction on knowing my surroundings and being known. I am prayfully on a journey to transfer those dependencies to God alone but I also anticipate some spiritual warfare particularly in these areas as we continue. I am so thankful to see God holding me in this time and have hope that he will be by my side as we transition to South Asia but I do deeply covet your prayers.
- for our marriage
- for our transition
- for the work ahead and receptive hearts
- for our focus to be on God and others rather than ourselves
- for team unity

I tell Luke all the time that in life I just want to be used by God. He has given me eyes to see that this is the most beautiful and influential thing I could live for but like Paul I feel myself buffeted at every turn with distraction and self-centeredness.  I pray God would rid me of these things so that we can be completely used by him whole heartedly.
There is a day coming that we will see through His eyes how we lived, whether for him and for ourselves. I yearn for that day to be a day of celebration and not regret.  So as the Father has called each of us to a part of his plan for the world, we are walking out in our small part and trusting Him to prepare, protect, and bring the fruit for his glory.

I can not express how thankful I am to be excited about what is to come and feel very steady even though all our circumstances are changing. I hope that as we continue in this journey you will be encouraged, laugh with us, cry with us, and enjoy our stories and photos :)

We are embarking on a crazy journey but God is our guide and our sustainer so there are GREAT things to come!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment