Monday, July 6, 2020

February 2020

Some family memories from February: 

Ezra and Luke playing chess because Ezra has a chess competition coming up in school and he wants to be ready. I really don't like to play chess so I'm thankful Luke is willing to teach him. 

We had to go to Delhi for passport renewals and had some fun while we were there. 
Ezra wanted to see the India Gate and the new war memorial that he had learned about in school. 


Ezra was SO excited to see a "land fighter."


American Dr. Peppers are not available in India, but they are stocked at the American Embassy so we bought a few and enjoyed one of our favorite American sodas in front of one of our favorite Indian sites. 

We  also were able to visit with friends while in town. 

 I love their budding friendship even though they've never lived in the same city. 

Some different friends came through our town and we loved visiting with them. 

Our sweet friend Nysa had her birthday at a play area in town. 
All of our best friends were invited which made for a GREAT party. 








My friend Laxmi's daughter was having a birthday so Madelyn and I went by after school for lunch and cake. 

The kids asked asked for creative pancakes for breakfast. 

I just loved this cute picture of Madelyn posing on the steps that lead up to Sukhna Lake. 

 These are the cutest golfers ever.  


Usually once a month we will go to the Marriott in town for their terrific breakfast buffet before church. Ezra cracked me up one morning when he came to the table with hakka noodles and poori for breakfast.. these kids are such a wonderful blend of American and Indian and I love it! 

Madelyn playing on the school playground with her friends. 
These little moments are a gift that I don't take for granted.  


Our traditional Valentine's festivities.. morning gifts, fun school tiffins and chocolate fondue. 

I love this sweet photo of the kids and I. 

The kids really wanted to plant seeds so we bought some from the plant nursery. Ezra's didn't end up growing but Madelyn's became a huge plant. 

We also bought some new plants to replace ones that had died over winter.
 Ezra loved helping me replant them in our planters. 

Another birthday of a dear friend.. complete with singing hymns and cake.  
We love our church and our sweet friendships. 

I snapped this precious picture during small group one night.  This is one of Ezra's best friends who we know from church. Everyone paired up to pray and I had to record this sweet memory. 

Ezra and Madelyn playing checkers early one Saturday morning. 

Madelyn still loves ALL things unicorn. 

I introduced the kids to funnel cakes.. and they approve. 

I found this Madelyn asleep in bed with all of her animals lined up perfectly. It cracks me up how similar our kids are to us. It makes for a peaceful organized home and we are very thankful. 

Madelyn brought home a plant from school and replanted it in a bigger pot. It was a bean plant and actually ended up producing a few harvests before it died. 

Basketball, oreo balls, and Space Jam for a fun night together.

Playdates are our favorite! 

I have been trying to update my kurta wardrobe and love my beautiful new outfits! 

This is the walkway to the gym we go to which is also connected to the driving range. It is such a beautiful peaceful view. 

I was walking through a neighborhood on the outskirts of Chandigarh and had to grab a picture of this herd. 

I love that we all share this hobby together. 

February has such great weather and beautiful streets because the leaves turn yellow and fall on the road.

Our family friend is the kid's Hindi teacher and her son is a sweet friend of Ezra's. We went to their house for some great food and play time one Saturday afternoon. 

After our playdate we went on a family date to the mall for dinner and the movies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment