April was a great month with sweet memories. April is when the weather warms up and summer sets in but its the start of the kids school year. Ezra started 1st grade and Madelyn started Nursery which is the equivalent of Preschool.
I got this sweet idea from a friend to take 1st day of school pictures and record some of their favorite things from that year. Both kids have grown up so much this past year. We are officially in the big kid years which has been nice. They're really expressing their personalities more than ever before and they're so much easier to take care of than babies or toddlers. Its a great season!
Our back to school tradition.. cake at Nik Bakers. Ezra is still in his uniform because now he goes to school until 2:30 and Madelyn is only going until 12:30 for a couple of more years. He's so big!
When I go to pick up Madelyn I'm sad to not get him too but he's enjoying the longer school day. He has more activities like sports class, computer class and reading time in the library.
I love their school uniforms so much!
I also really love Madelyn's long beautiful curly hair. I have never cut her hair yet. I don't want to cut off those baby curls.
Before the a new school year we like to go to the mall and buy a new tiffin and water bottle. It's an easy and fun "treat" to celebrate a new year.
There was a carnival in town so we ran over to enjoy it one evening.
I'm working on my roti making skills and the kids love to join in on that fun. It's basically like playing with play-doh to them. Indian women make such great roti but mine are only ok. They're supposed to be perfectly round and puff into a ball when I cook them which they only do some of the time.
We found some really cute outdoor lights for our back area. Our backyard in our new house is 1/4 of the size of our old backyard which was hard to get used to at first. But, the community center parking lot and lawn has been a great place to play ball and ride bikes so it's been a bit of a trade off and the inside of the house is really great. Any little thing we can do to make our small back area charming and useful is a win.
Thankfully we have enough room for our 8 foot pool. It's about 3 feet tall and requires a little filter to keep the water clean. It's a great place to cool off as the summer heat begins to roll in.
We love to grill out and eat in the back!
I really love all the flowers in our front area. When the weather is nice, it is a great place to sit!
We buy all our flowers at a big outdoor flower shop called Durga's Nursery. I love how beautiful it is and the kids love to come and buy flowers with me too.
Ezra has been working so hard on his reading this year. He finally got to a strong 2nd grade reading level so I ordered him his own bible to read. It is NIrV for early readers. He loves it! We read together each morning and have started in the book of Luke. Ezra's choice. :)
The circus came to town so we took the kids. It was so-so but they loved it. Afterward we watched the greatest showman and let the kids sleep in the tent in our room for the night.
I love the Texas license plates on the kid's bikes.
Madelyn LOVES our dog Sadie.. Sadie tolerates Madelyn. She's so patient with Madelyn's shenanigans.
The kids have started taking Hindi lessons M, W, F after school with our good friend Riya. We're hoping with lots of practice they'll feel confident speaking in the language like we do.
The kid's school put in an awesome new playground and Madelyn is really excited about it. We play on it little each day after school when I pick her up.
The boys playing boy things after our small group on Thursday night.
The girls playing girl things.. haha!
April was awesome!



















No comments:
Post a Comment