Friday, February 22, 2019

January Memories

The last couple of years I have been really bad at consistently updating our blog but as we went back to the States this past Christmas I heard over and over from others how they loved keeping up with us through this blog so I am determined to do better at month by month updates of our family fun and memories we're making. 

To start with this is the front of our house and I've been intending to paint the pots one uniform color since we moved in back in June and I finally got around to it. It looks beautiful and gives the front a very put together look. 

I brought back a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) workbook full of ideas and problem solving dialogue for Ezra because he is very interested in STEM. We do one project every weekend and he LOVES IT! This is him making a paper jet that would fly 10 feet. 

The kids are so cute in their winter uniforms. I still get so giddy at how sweet they are in matching uniforms. 

I try to have a "special movie night" once a week. We used to bake something that correlated to a movie we watched that night but we're eating very healthy as a family now a days so now I'm finding crafts we can do that go with the movie of the night instead. I found this cute penguin idea off of Pinterest to go with Happy Feet. The kids really enjoy crafts so they love our new "special movie night" just as much as cookies. 

Our neighbors and dear friends have enrolled their daughter in Madelyn's class which means we get to see each other after school each day and even play in the park for a bit. 

This is the kids on a hunt for rocks which they then painted. I try to do something "fun" with them everyday. 

We love our precious friends! They go to our church and live down the street from us! So thankful to be back in town together. 

I took this adorable picture of Madelyn and her friends in sunday school class. I help/teach each week and she was totally not paying attention. But, she was SO CUTE with her friends that I couldn't complain. 

Our church is a small bilingual (Hindi/English )congregation of about 80 people that meets in a school. During the sermon, we have a children's church upstairs in a classroom. It's been a joy to serve in the children's church and the kids really love it. Their best friends are almost all from our church so Sundays are very fun! 

We really enjoy going to the driving range! 

The weather has been really cold so when a pretty day comes we take advantage. This day we went to the nature trail in town and let the kids ride their bikes while Luke and I chatted and followed. It was really sweet. 

We brought back some pretty cool new dress up clothes. 

Whenever possible the kids and I love traveling with Luke. They are so great at playing with the other kids (many of which they know well by now) and happily enjoying all the Indian snacks and food we have before and after meetings. 

I love how big Madelyn looks in this picture, hanging out with the girls on a scooter. 

This picture is adorable. Aaron is one of Ezra's best friends. 

Aniya is one of Madelyn's besties, and their mom is one of my best friends. The guys are friends too but we usually get together for playdates while they are at work. 

One day after Amina and I came back from a meeting, we picked up our kids who happen to all go to school in the same neighborhood and went to KFC for lunch. They were surprised and so delighted! 

We heard about this new playground in town. The kids definitely approved! 

We went into Delhi to see our teammates because they just had a baby. Outside the mall was this sign which "Melissa" written on it.. so I had to take a pic. 

In the fancy Delhi grocery store there were miniature carts for the kids. It was awesome! 

We took the train to and from Delhi. The kids LOVED it! 

They especially loved the chai and cookies time. 

Behind our house we love to play tennis, soccer or ride bikes. I thought this community center would be a bother because of parties in the evening but this big empty space right outside our backyard has been such an incredible blessing for our kids. 

In the community center there is a sign of numbers to call with questions. Madelyn is learning her alphabets so well now a days and is excited to read them wherever she is even in the middle of playing. 

January was a great month of getting over jet lag, meeting back up with friends and partners and getting back into our busy but wonderful life here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment