April was a great month with a lot of fun!
We went to Easter at our church and the kids took this adorable picture together. Any cute picture with both kids smiling at me is a major win in the young kids stage.
We made our own Easter egg hunt in our backyard for the kids. They loved it.
We also dyed eggs. This is one of my favorite traditions.
Luke and I decided to put together a raised garden bed around our back yard tree. It turned out beautifully!
We also added more potted flowers and they are so pretty.
We have grown so close to my friend Bohunka and her two kids. They are from Slovakia but have so much in common with us. It's been a sweet friendship.
The kids started taking Hindi lessons with our friend Riya. They are doing great adding to their vocabulary and trying to make sentences.
I came outside and found her sleeping like this. haha!
We've been doing little science experiments recently. I remember growing up I did experiments from a kit with my mom and one of my favorites was a volcano. I looked up directions online and the kids and I did this. They LOVED it!
The kids are pretty excited about any type of food that is presented in a fun way so I like to make their food cool looking as often as possible. This morning I made pancakes in the shape of Mickey/Minnie Mouse.
Down the street from our house is a "Nimbu Pani" stand which is basically really strong lemonade. It is SO good and we like to walk over and enjoy a glass while sitting on the side of the road.
These two play so well together. I'm thankful they have each other as best friends.
I like to do special movie nights with the kids. This night we made rainbow sugar cookie bars and watched UP in the backyard on the projector.
Another night we had grilling, swimming and a showing of Finding Nemo.
Madelyn and I have a new hobby. Now that she has started school I like to find new hair styles on Pinterest to try with her hair. She likes "looking pretty" for school.
I drop the kids off at school each morning. I usually park, walk them to the gate, give them each kisses and hugs, then they hold hands and walk in together. It is precious!
I showed Ezra how to make a paper mache mask and he really enjoyed the project. He honestly made this almost entirely by himself.
Ezra wanted to go camping but its really hot outside so he and Luke set up a tent in the office and slept in the AC. Still all the fun without all the sweat. :)
The kids school sends pictures to the parents through their app and these are some of the cutest pictures of Madelyn playing at school.
There is a Red Mango frozen yogurt shop in our mall and now that it is so hot outside we have started to go pretty regularly. It is very yummy!
The kids love playing with bubbles in the backyard. I love candid photos of them enjoying life.
We eat A LOT of ice cream in the summer. The temperatures get up to 115 for weeks at a time so cooling down is important.



























No comments:
Post a Comment