Friday, May 27, 2016

First Family Road Trip

This week we took our first family road trip through Punjab. I was nervous how the kids would handle the travel and how they would behave during the meetings we had planned but they did great! 


Some parts of Punjab are so beautiful! There were tree lined roads, hills, fields and rivers. 

We stopped at McDonalds for lunch. The older these two get, the sweeter their friendship is. Ezra loves to tickle Madelyn and play peek-a-boo with her. 

The cuteness in the backseat was just too much not to photograph. 
They are SUCH GOOD travelers! Hours in the car and no tears! 








We spent a lot of time in the city and in surrounding village areas. Ezra loved playing in the dirt and with all the new friends he made. 

I was surprised to learn that a lot of houses had small plots of land they used for growing small crops like chilis, okra, and eggplants. They weren't farmers per se, they just liked the health and affordability of growing your own vegetables.  

Our friends had a drum set and taught Ezra how to play. He loved it!! 

Hanging out with friends. 

 In the evenings we had meetings and so I had my backpack stuffed with toys to entertain the kids. 

 We went to see the Golden Temple one morning. It is a major temple for the Sikh religion. I've had so many neighbors ask if we have traveled there yet and I can finally say yes.. :) 

I finally got up the courage to buy fabric and have a suit specially made for me. It was so fun! It's kind of become a new hobby of mine. 

 I'm always trying to remember to take family photos.. I love how this one turned out! 

On the way home we stopped at the McDonalds that has an indoor playground. It was awesome! I now totally get why parents take their kids to McDonalds.

We had such a sweet week of great meetings, great friends and great memories. I'm sure this will be the first of many family road trips to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment