Thursday, June 26, 2014

Beating The Heat With Fun

We are praising the Lord these days because the hot season (100' to 120') is almost over and we have gotten through it joyfully! We have finished our first 6 months here and feel extremely blessed. 


Our church doesn't have a Sunday School so Ezra and I enjoy the worship on Sundays and then listen to the sermon from outside. There is a great little play ground right outside the windows so we swing, slide and I can still hear the sermon. Though.. it is in Hindi.. so I don't understand most of it. haha But, afterward we head back in to fellowship and drink lemonade. We are very thankful for our church. 


We also have had the opportunity to start fellowshipping with lots of families that speak very little English. We have really loved having them over. I ordered the Indian food but I did make chai for everyone. You always drink chai tea and eat cookies with any visit. It's a pretty fun tradition. 



We go to their houses a lot too which has been great for getting to see more Indian culture. They are so sweet and LOVE Ezra. 



Ezra loves India! 
Ezra loves Indian food. haha 
He now can put his hands together to greet people when we say "Namaste" ... similar to hello here. The people are so happy when he does it.. it's really sweet. 



There are a few things we miss from America but our families and friends have been so so sweet to send us those special things that we love and can't get here.  


A new love in the Cavo household is golf.. well Luke has loved golf for years but Ezra is a new fan. Before Ezra could walk he was playing putt-putt and now one of his favorite activities is to watch golf highlights with Daddy. He can't watch a whole Disney movie but he zones in on golf. haha 
It's hilarious. 



Another new treat in the Cavo household is our fancy expresso maker (Luke's father's day gift). We found a guy who can sell us coffee beans (they aren't in the stores) and Starbucks agreed to grind it for us (we're regulars there.. we're friends now) so now we can make Caramel Macchiatos at home! We're still perfecting our skills but it's been fun.. and tasty! 


In these hot summer days, we haven't been able to go to the park as much so Ezra's new favorite game is playing with buckets of water... especially when we splash and throw water on each other. He just giggles and giggles. It's so sweet! 
But my sweet neighbor friend downstairs came up with her 2 year old daughter and Ezra threw water on her.. whoops.. how do you explain to a 1.5 year old that you aren't playing that game anymore..? hehe But Tia loved it and my friend didn't mind. 




Ezra is growing up so much! He finally has hair, he's getting so tall and is SO MUCH fun to play with! We just keep falling more and more in love with this sweet guy. 



We leave this week for our first visa run and will spend a week in Nepal with some friends. We'll be there for the 4th of July so I made Ezra a shirt to celebrate. I actually saw this idea last year and loved it. So I was excited to finally get to trace and paint Ezra's sweet little hand. 
We probably won't have a BBQ or fireworks but I'm sure we'll have fun and be able to thank God for letting us be from such a wonderful country. 

Sometimes you have to leave America to realize how great it is. I'm glad to have a deep appreciation for it now. There are definitely so many people and things that we miss from home but I can't express enough how much God has blessed us here. There hasn't been a night I've gone to bed wishing I was back in America and that is such a huge testimony to how much joy, peace and contentment God can place in one's heart no matter the circumstances. We serve such an incredible God! 





No comments:

Post a Comment